Monday, December 14, 2009

MAKING GINGERBREAD HOUSES


Ok....so they are not really Gingerbread houses...more like graham cracker houses...but you get the ideal....we get together, as many of us as possible, try to make our houses stay together,,eat lots of candy in the process, making ourselves really sick....but have loads of fun doing it all...We did this last night but tried something different this year...we learned by heating sugar in a pan that it desolves, then you can dip your graham cracker into it and acutally cement the crackers together...instantly hard and doesnt fall..Only one problem,,very hot...ask Jodi..She ended up with a couple of blisters on her fingers....I know she will blame this on Sarah but I am just wondering if her fingers wouldnt have been there would Sarah have dripped this hot sugar onto them....just wondering...anyway...Coy decideds that he wants to melt some tootsie rolls in the microwave which was ok until he takes them out and decides to pick them up...Not so good...we now have Jodi sick on the couch from eating to much..coy screaming because his fingers are burnt,,,and Kyler eating everything in sight before anyone gets a chance to decorate their houses...lol...see,,,lots of fun...lol... after Jodi and I both took medicine because of the fried chicken nuggets that we had for lunch..Sarah poured IB profin down Coy

s throat,,,within 15 minutes all was well and back on track for the decorating...we didn't have any judging going on but just so you know...I think David and I had the best house there...I'm sure others will argue the fact and I have decided not to post there pictures for farther proof...We then all walked over to Grandma's house and decorated her tree and had hoggies for supper at her place...I love the christmas season but boy was I ready for bed when all was said and done....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just for the record, i didnt participate, otherwise im pretty sure mine would have won;)

♥ Wagley ♥ said...

mine was pretty awesome and would have been even better if I hadn't gotten sick from eating TWO of your chicken nuggets (just so everyone knows that I didn't eat "too much".... lol... and yes my hands are blistered...

Aly said...

i wanna see pictures! who's was the bestest? haha