Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Photography

Time for another post....and in the process of decideding what I wanted to talk about I came across some pictures. I love taking pictures!!! I am sooooo excited to take a digital camera class at Lamar starting in a couple of weeks. I will hopefully figure out all the neat features that are available on my camera. This first picture is one of my favorites. This is one of the many gorgeous Temples in Utah. The Manti Temple, it sits on top of a hill overlooking the town of Manti. The wood work in it is Beautiful. This is without a doubt my favorite Temple. Ok, now so back to my original thought, I love taking pictures. So I have decided to share a few of them that I have taken in the past.This picture was taken at the deer camp just a couple of weeks ago. David loves going to camp. It is one of his favorite places in the world. And when I sat and watched the sun set I realized why this is so. It really can't get any better than this. The Lord has created such beauty on this earth and we don't always take the time stop and look at all there is. On this particular afternoon I stopped. My heart was filled with the Love our Father in Heaven has for us. David and I watched as the sun went down together. What a peace it brings . To be able to get away from the Earthly ways of hussle and bussle of everyday life. Now when I get busy I can look at the picture that will soon fade from my mind and know that I am loved.

The next two pictures are of family. This is two of my sisters. Gerry and Tina. It was Tina's 50th Birthday so we put makeup on her, fixed her hair, and took pictures. She had sooo much fun posing for these pictures. It's hard to believe how old we are getting. Of course I'm sure Gerry would say that she isn't getting old...hahaha...This picture reminds me of the importance of Family. We are so different, yet so much alike. It amazes me no matter what we do the love is always there. I can always Depend on my family to be there for me no matter what and that in itself is the most amazing thing ever. I love my family no matter our differences because that is who we are. Thanks Gerry and Tina for spending this afternoon with me and letting me play with my camera....Love you two ever so much...A quote here, "Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age."
This is Karen and her Dog Hoover (aka Hoovie). She hates taking pictures as I well understand but she let me play with my camera this day and I used her as my subject. Hoover pretty much goes wherever she goes. I love the way Hoover looks at Karen with such love in his eyes. I know, he's a dog, but I'm telling you it's there. You can't see it in this picture but I thought this was a really good picture of the two together. Karen and I have so much in common, you would think that we were sisters sometimes...lol...we love to do crafts together, canning together, whatever comes our day in our daily doings. Karen is more like a friend than a cousin and once again, I am greatful for Family. A quote by an unknown author goes like this, " You don't stop laughing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop laughing." Thanks Karen for keeping me young...
Mama had a painting on her wall that I believe Gerry now has, it says.
God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can, and
Wisdom to know the difference.
I love this saying. It tells me that God is in control and if I ask for his help He will be there for me. He will send people into my life to help me through whatever I might be going thru....He will give me photo oppertunities to keep in rememberance of his great love. So please, pull out your cameras and enjoy all of Gods creations, the land, family, friends, pets whatever comes your way.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love the pictures you took of Laurie's little boy! When are you going to share the love and take some of my little boy? And I thought we were friends! I am only teasing you! But would you be willing to take pictures of Parker one day since you like to do it for fun! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

oohhhh look at me! (this is me commenting;) haha - just for the record, i got some horrible computer virus yesterday and didnt see your post until this morning... just sayin;)

PS. I think the little boy in me comes flying back and I get side-tracked by the bugs all over your blog when i read it.

PPS. The top picture says Tanya AND David. Does this mean we get to hear from dad too?

PPPS. Cool pictuers mom;)